Sometimes it’s helpful to realize just how much work our Eagles get done in an average day and a week.
As one of the Eagles said recently: “It’s hard to explain to friends that I get a lot more work done than they do, even though we don’t have any homework.”
So here’s a sample from today:
- Check your Personal Learning Plan and SMART goals to make sure you are on pace with your Khan math, reading and Learning Badge plan for the year.
- Finish No Red Ink grammar lessons 3&4 and make a 90 or above on the quiz.
- Read the Newsela article on Massive Open Online Courses, score a 90 or above on the critical thinking test and participate in a Socratic discussion. A sample question: “In many countries, cell phones were such new innovation that they “leapfrogged” the old landline technology. If other countries go to “new type schools” while America clings to old style schools, could that be a threat to America?
- Do independent research on Darwin; Evolution and Natural Selection and bring a great Socratic question as your entry ticket. While completing an Art lesson in how to draw with the “right side of your brain,” listen to a college level lecture on Darwin. afterwards, participate in a Socratic discussion. A sample question: “What exactly was the “turning point” about Darwin’s theory that made it so
- Man is not the center of the universe;
- Creatures evolve and change over time or
- Those with the best characteristics survive?”
5. Answer the journal question: A rare bird is set to disappear in West Austin because of real estate developments. Given Darwin’s theories, should we pass a law to curtail development and protect this species from going extinct?
6. Write enough in your bestselling book to deliver a minimum of 50% of your rough draft by Friday.
7. Role play how to deliver warm praise and make time to go to the Elementary School and provide “warm praise” to your individual group members.
8. Be sure to clean the studio at the end of the day, since we don’t have a janitor.
Whew! No wonder the day seems to go by so fast!