Every Eagle at Acton knows that he or she is on a Hero’s Journey that will change the world, in a profound way.
We learn the most as Guides, when we ask important questions. Today we asked which experiences in the last seven months havebeen the most valuable for each Eagle’s individual Hero’s Journey.
The results surprised us:
- First Place: My Apprenticeship
- Second Place: Setting and Achieving My Own Goals
- Third Place: Exhibiting My Work in Published Exhibitions.
The lessons for us:
- The real world is far more important than any classroom.
- “Learn to Do” and “Learn to Be” trump “Learn to Know” in the 21st century; and
- Incentives matter but grades do not.